Transit projects under construction and in planning
Transit projects included here on the following map and table are either under construction, are on the cusp of entering that phase, or are in planning in the U.S., Canada, and Mexico. Smaller projects without dedicated right-of-ways are not included; nor are intercity rail projects. Use the feedback form at the end of the page to suggest updates.
The map and database provide information about projects in five categories. Each category can be turned on and off on the map.
- Capital expansions: Transit projects that are currently under construction (or are projected to be in 2015) that provide new or expanded capacity over current services.
- Major renovations: Transit projects that are currently under construction (or are projected to be in 2015) that provide significant improvements to existing lines or stations.
- Mostly funded: Transit projects that will not be under construction in 2015 but which have assembled most of their local funding sources and which are likely to enter construction soon.
- Planning process: Transit projects that are currently undergoing review by the U.S. Federal Transit Administration (or similar Canadian or Mexican agencies) for significant federal funding commitments.
- Future projects: Transit projects that are far enough along the planning process by official local agencies to have at least a general route alignment selected, but which have not yet entered the federal planning process and which have not assembled local funding.
Do you see any errors or missing information? Fill in the following form.